Straightening teeth can change a patient’s life, and with ceramic braces at Smile Design Dental, the treatment is even more discreet than ever! When faced with traditional metal braces, a lot of people are concerned about how their looks will be affected. We offer the very best ceramic braces in Hallandale Beach – and beyond! – because we use the latest technologies, giving patients something they can really smile about!
What Are Ceramic Braces?
Braces are one of the most effective ways to reposition teeth as the brackets are directly attached to dentition and provide constant pressure. Traditionally, these brackets have been made from stainless steel, making them extremely durable but highly visible against most patients’ pearly whites.
Ceramic braces are an alternative to metal ones in that they are constructed from polycrystalline alumina. This material comes in both clear and colorized brackets, allowing them to disappear amongst your natural teeth. The metal wires can also be frosted to camouflage them as well!
Want to know if ceramic braces are right for you? Schedule a consultation at our Hallandale Beach dental office today!
Ceramic Braces Candidates
Both traditional braces and ceramic options are used for the same purpose. Orthodontics may help patients with a number of oral health issues, including:
- Teeth that have erupted crookedly
- Post-accident repair
- Overcrowded mouths
- Overbite and underbite correction
- Correcting speech issues
Because ceramic braces work just like traditional ones they can be used in much the same manner. They are most effective on clients whose mouths are close to fully developed and treatments usually last from 18 to 24 months. Most importantly, ceramic braces will blend in with your natural teeth, keeping your smile looking great through the entire process!
Advantages to Ceramic Braces
Patients who choose ceramic braces over their traditional counterparts have a lot to gain from the procedure. There are a lot of benefits, even when compared to other options including Invisalign® and other alignment tray brands, such as:
- Ceramic brackets are much more comfortable than metallic ones and are easier on teeth, gums, cheeks, and lips.
- They are smaller than metal brackets, making it even easier to disguise them with colored tinting and frosted wires.
- Because they put pressure on the whole tooth instead of just the top portion like Invisalign® trays do, ceramic braces treatment plans generally take less time.
- Advancements in the material used to manufacture metallic braces have made them much more resistant to staining, making them much easier to care for.
- Ceramic braces are much less visible in photographs, taking the worry out of school and work snapshots.
Contact Smile Design Dental About Ceramic Braces!
If it’s time to take care of your or a loved one’s crooked teeth, don’t hesitate to give us a call. Schedule a consultation to learn how ceramic braces can give you tomorrow’s smile without the worry today!