Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We have installed medical-grade air purifiers in our practice and use medical-grade disinfectants to ensure proper infection control. You may also see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and the team.
- We are asking every patient to wash his or her hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and water. We will also provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Our staff and doctors wash their hands at the beginning of every visit.
- We are disinfecting all common areas such as door handles, knobs, public surfaces both in the treatment rooms and the reception room and front desk area, bathroom faucets, toilet handles, seats, etc. on a frequent basis throughout the day.
- We cover all surfaces and electronics with plastic wrap. The plastic wrap is changed between patients.
- We encourage you as well as our staff to avoid touching our faces.
- If you are ill, please reschedule your appointment with us. We are sending any patient or staff member home who has symptoms of illness.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again and have your temperature taken when you arrive for your dental appointment. We will ask any patient with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher to reschedule their appointment.
- We will be asking our patients to kindly wait in their vehicle and call our office to check-in for your reserved appointment time. We will notify you when your reserved operatory is ready to minimize the number of people in the office at any given time.
- We ask that our patients wear a face mask or face covering when entering the office. Homemade masks or any mouth and nose covering or scarf is acceptable.
- We also kindly request that only the person with the scheduled dental appointment enter the office. Spouses, friends, caregivers, and parents will be asked to wait outdoors or in their vehicles to minimize the number of people in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment but we will do our very best to accommodate you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Smile Design Dental Doctors and Team