When people have missing teeth, they will want to replace those missing teeth with a proven and reliable tooth replacement option. Removable dentures and implant supported dentures in Fort Lauderdale, FL are two types of tooth replacement options people can restore their smiles with. While a removable denture is an efficient tooth replacement option that rests on the patient’s gums, implant supported dentures use dental implants to support the denture.
There are numerous other differences between removable dentures and implant supported dentures. Continue reading to learn in more detail about the differences between removable dentures and implant supported dentures.
The Differences Between Removable Dentures And Implant Supported Dentures In Fort Lauderdale, FL
The following are the main differences between removable dentures and implant supported dentures.
- Made from plastic (acrylic) material
- Does not offer a lot of support
- Over times, it will need to be relined and repaired
- It often loosens or falls out
- It does not halt jawbone density loss
- It must be removed to be properly cleaned
- It may be bulky or ill-fitting
- It’s a low-cost treatment option
Implant Supported Dentures
- Is made from acrylic or porcelain material
- The denture is supported by two or more dental implants
- It may need to be relined or repaired
- It will not slip, loosen, or fall out
- It gives patients better stability for eating
- It is removable so that it can be easily cleaned
- The dental implants also improve the patients jawbone health
- It may not look or feel natural to the patient
- It has a moderate treatment cost
While removable dentures will give patients an efficient new smile at a lower cost than other tooth replacement options, implant supported dentures give patients a more comfortable, stable, and longer lasting new smile. Because implant supported dentures use two or more dental implants to stabilize a denture in the patient’s mouth, patients will have a more reliable smile that lets them eat, speak, and smile properly for years to come.
Come To Our Office So You Can Learn More About Removable Dentures And Implant Supported Dentures
Whether you need to replace your missing teeth with removable dentures or implant supported dentures, our dedicated office uses the latest techniques and technologies to make sure you get the dependable new smile you need and deserve. While removable dentures may not give patients long lasting new smiles, patients will get an efficient new smile.
Implant supported dentures, on the other hand, give patients reliable new smiles because dental implants are surgically placed in the patient’s jawbone, giving them a secure, healthy, and stable new smile. Why wait to improve your smile with us? Get in contact with our exceptional doctors and team, Dr. Diego Azar, at our Smile Design Dental office to schedule an appointment today!